Monday, May 21, 2007

Cheers to Muses anthology of Asian American women artists

I recently learned some great news: My essay "Pearl Balls of Wisdom" was selected to appear in "Cheers to Muses: Contemporary Works by Asian American Women,” a forthcoming anthology featuring visual and literary art.

The book features the work of a variety of Asian American women representing a range of ages and backgrounds. Along with the poems, photographs, paintings, essays and stories, each artist includes a tribute to another Asian American woman (muse) who inspired them. For my dedication, I honored Maya Lin, the Ohio-raised artist/architect I've admired since fifth grade. The anthology is expected to launch mid-August 2007.

The anthology is being produced by the Asian American Women Artists Association (AAWAA). If you would like to pre-order a copy of the book at a discounted rate, you can do so on the AAWAA site .

No comments: