Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's the most terrible time of the year


OK, now that my favorite holiday is over, the most stressful time of the year is here. Call me a Scrooge, but the four weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas really stress me out. I'm not alone either - I think my boys feel the same way. Last week, while my sister was in town, I tried to get a nice photo of her with the boys in front of our just decorated Christmas tree.

Nico looks like he's going to cry and I'm not sure what's going on with Nolan. He looks completely miserable - kinda like my friend Chris this football season.

5 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Of course when you go INTO the season already dreading it, you are going to have an awful time. I know you hate me the most this time of year because I seem so with it and ahead of schedule, but really, the secret is, just don't take it all so seriously. Be flexible, and if you don't get all your shopping done, or find that perfect gift, don't feel guilty. Guilt is a useless emotion. Take a moment when you are driving home to notice the lights. When you are at the mall, watch other kids on Santa's lap. Take it all in, take a breath and realize, that your Christmas wont be perfect, but only you have the power to make it enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

awesome. i love that EVERYONE gets to see how much your boys love *auntie linda*. ;)

Yippee Skippy said...

The reason for Nico's mood is evident--in fact, it's as clear as brown and orange.

Brenna said...

On top of that, my spouse's birthday and both my children's birthdays fall around Holiday time, too, and so does our anniversary. The stretch between Thanksgiving and mid-January is a gift-giving slog for me.

That said, I spent a lot of years grumbling about and hating Christmas. I find I'm liking it more again now that I have kids. When it was just me, I was like a walking bad TV movie version of A Christmas Carol--career woman who muttered about Christmas.