Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wedding and work anniversaries

What a week of milestones!

In addition to Nolan and Vic's birthdays, I just celebrated both my wedding and work anniversaries. Vic and I have been married for seven years now, and I've been working at Case Western Reserve University for five years.

When I started working at the university, I thought it would be funny to choose my wedding anniversary as my start date. Little did I know how prophetic that would be - the work-life balance has been a constant challenge for me. I've blurred my home and work lives completely.

On the bright side, Vic and I went on a very nice date to celebrate - we went to Lola for dinner, a restaurant we had been meaning to check out, especially ever since Chef Michael Symon won the competition to become the latest Iron Chef. It was great!

No comments: