Thursday, September 7, 2006

Soccer moms and super donuts

Great. Nico just started full-week preschool last week and I'm already getting a reputation as a Pesky Parent. It started when I noticed the school food menu offering a "Super Donut" as a weekly breakfast option. "Donuts for breakfast? What kind of place is this?" I asked myself.

So I exchanged emails with the school district's food services supervisor explaining my concern and got a bunch of other parents all worked up too. I also proposed contacting Whole Foods to see if they'd be interested in supplying healthy foods to our school, since they will be opening up a store in the area soon. I think I'm going to have to join the PTA.

Also, Nico has his first soccer practice this Saturday. It should be pretty funny watching four-year-olds run around trying to play soccer. I guess this makes me an Official Soccer Mom.

No comments: