Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Diaper blowouts

So much laundry, so little time!

Nolan has had three diaper blowouts in the past 48 hours. What is up with that? I think he may need to go up a size in diapers. He's only a little over two months old, but I think he's going to need size 3 diapers already. He's a little baby Buddha!

Anyhow, dealing with diaper blowouts is no fun. It's so disheartening to hear Nolan cry, pick him up and then see the telltale stain on the back of his clothes. It's even worse to feel the blowout as it happens. That has happened a few times as I held him in my arms.

Vic has wondered
why diaper companies don't just develop diaper onesies to cover the entire length of a baby's body. I mentioned this to a friend who works on diaper development at a well-known diaper company and he told me this: "So I heard the other day that the technology they used to prevent blowouts is the ‘apertured topsheet’."

I think the "apertured topsheet" needs some work!

No comments: